Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Recent Acquisition

Sometimes I find something I want on Ebay and bid my max knowing I probably won't be the winning bid. And sometimes I get surprised! I was the lucky high bidder (there were only 2 bids) on this fabulous mid century tile by Swedish designer Lisa Larson.



I had admired this bird tile for ages - I believe it dates to the 1960's and each one is glazed a little differently. It is now hanging on the wall in my office where I can admire it every day.

Lisa Larson was born in 1931 and worked at the Gustavsberg (Sweden) porcelain factory from 1953 to 1980. While some of her designs are still being produced (you can buy them here), I like the older pieces such as the Lilla Zoo series from 1955 (I'm hoping to acquire a fox someday...).

One thing I have found about shopping on Ebay-if you get outbid, the item will usually turn up again. And if it's too high priced the first time (or second, or third...) be patient because eventually someone will post the item at a price you can afford. Happy bidding!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...