Monday, October 8, 2012

Craft Show Display

I love to use vintage suitcases in my show booth. They add height and I can carry product inside. I purchased this suitcase from a fellow vendor at one of my spring shows. It was in sorry shape. The suitcase has cardboard sides and the frame is wood-it probably dates from the 1930's. The paper on the inside was peeling off and the the cardboard was separating from the frame. I thought it would make a perfect display! I peeled off as much of the paper interior as I could, and then re-lined it with kraft paper bags from the grocery store. (I wanted to use cork but wasn't sure if I could glue shelves to it.) My husband kindly cut shelves for me and even glued them in, clamping everything together. I stained and glued on the trim. Now, I have a great display for my smaller collages.

3 comments:

Kristin L said...

You are so clever! It looks perfect for a display table and fits right in with your aesthetic.

Two Hand Design said...

Thanks- it was fun to make!

Anonymous said...

Hello, I simply wanted to take time to make a comment and say I have really enjoyed reading your site.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...