Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Angie Lewin

One of my favorite contemporary artists is British print maker Angie Lewin. Her artwork has so many layers that create new shapes and patterns within the composition and make the images infinitely more interesting. Most of her artwork depicts plants and landscapes of England and Scotland and feature close up details of weeds and plants gone to seed. I was so excited when a book about her was published in 2010 and I highly recommend it! (I purchased it on Amazon here). The following images are greeting cards produced by Art Angels and purchased from British shop One Brown Cow (they have an excellent selection online). You can visit Angie's website here to see more of her inspiring work.

1 comment:

Kristin L said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. I had not heard of Angie Lewin before.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...